3.4.14

Manny Pacquiao next fight: 'Pacman' the next Muhammad Ali, Bradley rematch compared to De La Hoya fight?

manny pacquiao next fight



From: http://www.sportsworldnews.com/articles/11442/20140402/manny-pacquiao-next-fight-pacman-the-next-muhammad-ali-bradley-rematch-compared-to-de-la-hoya-fight-video.htm

Even if his star has faded just a little in recent years, Manny Pacquiao remains one of boxing's rock stars. He has fought in countless big-money fights, and Top Rank CEO Bob Arum, Pacquiao's promoter, considers the upcoming April 12 bout arguably the most important of them all.

Pacquiao is scheduled to take on Timothy Bradley, who won a highly controversial fight in 2012 that most boxing observers felt was a lopsided victory in the opposite direction. Pacquiao's made no secret of his desire to take on pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. before he hangs up the gloves, but there's no chance of it happening if he can't get by Bradley.

Arum is calling this fight his most important since facing Oscar De La Hoya in 2008-the fight that launched Pacquiao's career into superstardom. Arum also took the time recently to compare Pacquiao to the legendary Muhammad Ali, one of the most influential athletes in the history of sports.

Pac/Bradley winner getting Marquez/Alvarado winner?

"I don't think anybody could become as extraordinary as Muhammad Ali but in his way, for his time, I think Manny has the opportunity and the chance to be an extraordinary person who really affects millions and millions of people," Arum told Telegraph Sport.

 While Pacquiao's already affected masses of fans, to truly ascend to that level of importance a victory vs. Bradley is crucial. It won't be easy either, as Bradley's vastly improved since their first clash. He also has stated that Manny has lost his "killer instinct" that allowed him to mow through larger opponents on his way to the top.

"He's a nice dude, man," Bradley said. "Pacquiao is very humble, very spiritual. But I don't think he has that killer instinct. I don't think he has that fire in him. I really don't."

Pacquiao's obviously commented to the contrary, and claims to be working as hard as ever in camp to ensure Bradley learns the fire's burning.

"Because I am facing Tim Bradley again I am extra motivated for this fight," Pacquiao promised. "I may not have won the decision the first time we fought but I know I did not lose that fight. I want the world title he won from me back around my waist. I want to prove I am the better fighter."

0 comments :

Post a Comment